Twain Harte, CA
Open 24 Hours
Twain Harte Water Damage Restoration
Serving Twain Harte, CA and the surrounding area.
We’re available 24 hours a day to take your call: (877) 270-1765
We work with all insurance and we can be at your door in 30 minutes or less.
If you have water damage, we can help!
CALL US 24/7: (877) 270-1765
We remove water and restore your home fast.
- Water Damage Restoration
- Emergency Service
- Water Removal
- Flood Water Removal
Call us any time, day or night – we’re available 24 hours a day to take your call.
7 Reasons to Quickly Restore Water Damage
If your Twain Harte property gets wet, there’s nothing to worry about, right? It’s just water. But many don’t realize that even small amounts of water can cause damage. So imagine the destruction large amounts of water can produce. The following are seven ways water damage can harm your property:
1. Reduced Property Value
The traces of water damage are hard to cover up. A sharp-eyed appraiser will usually find them. Painted-over water stains will reappear and untreated water-damaged property will begin to sour and smell, turning away buyers.
2. Physical Damage
When enough water is in contact with the structure of your home for even a short period, water damage will result. Drywall will deteriorate and crumble and your subfloor will warp and crack. Even more durable parts of your home like your foundation and brickwork are affected. They can soak in water through any little crack or hole. If this water isn’t removed, it can cause structural damage and weaken the stability of your home.
Where there’s water damage, mold can start developing in as little as 48 hours. Once present, it can be challenging and costly to handle and eliminate. Likewise, if mold is ignored, it can proliferate and adversely impact your health.
4. Electrical Damage
Everyone knows that electricity and water don’t mix! So once your home’s electrical circuitry comes into contact with water, electrical boxes and outlets become dangerous to use. They’ll need to be inspected by a reputable electrician and dried out. Water damage to your electrical system, especially low-mounted electric boxes, occurs more frequently in your kitchen, laundry room, and wherever your water heater is located.
5. Health Risks
Any structure that’s been in a flood is vulnerable to toxic microbes and bacteria. When left untreated or improperly cleaned, contaminants will remain in the contents of your home that were water damaged. This even includes the inside of your HVAC system. Without water restoration and mitigation, you can end up with respiratory and other health problems.
6. Lost Personal Possessions
Since water can dissolve nearly everything, more than the structure of your home is in jeopardy. From your most cherished personal items like pictures and books to important documents can easily be destroyed by water. But if you contact them quickly, a reputable disaster restoration contractor can save and restore many damaged personal items.
7. An Open Invitation to Bugs
Insects need moisture to survive and breed. So water-damaged areas will attract termites, cockroaches, beetles, spiders, fleas, and more. These not only spread bacteria but as their dead bodies pile up, they’ll draw even more bugs to the area.
Is Your Water Damaged Drywall New or Old?
Water damage can come from many directions, from outside sources like rainstorms and flooding to inner problems such as sewage backups and broken pipes that can cause a flooded basement or other harm to your residential or commercial property.
But sometimes the problem is not so obvious, like a slow pipe drip or water seeping in from a damaged roof or window, so that water damage might not get noticed immediately. When you do spot it, there are ways of telling whether the leak is old or new:
- Touch the Impacted Area – If water damage to drywall is new, the material will be damp but won’t be coming apart yet. Older damage will cause the drywall to feel soft because it’s had time to deteriorate. One way to determine how long a wall has been wet is to measure the water line. Water will seep (or wick) up drywall an inch an hour during the first 24 hours after water damage has occurred.
- Search for Rings – Water damage will discolor and stain, many times in the shape of rings. Somewhat like the rings of a tree, they can tell you if the water damage you see is new or older. Dark areas with no rings indicate newer damage. Older, continuous damage such as from a dripping pipe will show rings. Rings of different shades will show that the area was soaked, then dried and the process repeated depending on the number of rings.
- Keep an Eye Out for Mold Growth – Where there’s water damage, mold growth is probable because mold has to have moisture and a food source. Wet materials like carpeting, drywall, and even soaked wood are excellent food sources for mold. These moist areas along with warm temperatures allow for the growth of mold spores as well as colonies.
If your Twain Harte property has experienced water damage — new or old, big or small — tackle the problem immediately! The faster help arrives, the less damage will occur as well as less cost to you.
Who Can You Trust to Help With Water Issues?
Sometimes, you just can’t catch a flooding problem in time, and that means you’ll be dealing with the water. You don’t have to do that alone, or worry about who to reach out to. Give us a call today, toll-free, at (877) 270-1765. Just put in your zip code, and you’ll be connected to a Twain Harte water damage restoration company, so you can get a free, in-home estimate.
It’s important to go with the experts, to make sure water damage is handled properly. Companies that work with water damage can help you salvage as much as possible, so you can repair your home and get back to living your life again.